Job Description: Under the direct supervision of the Wastewater Foreman, operates, maintains, and performs preventative maintenance on city Wastewater Lift Stations, Vacuum Station, Wastewater lines, Wastewater Treatment Plant and related equipment; performs duty related to water quality to include water sampling.
Benefits: 100% Paid Health Insurance for Employee; 60% Paid Health Insurance for Family; Cafeteria Plan for Supplemental Insurance Available; Enrolment in Arkansas Employee Retirement Plan; Paid Vacation and Sick Leave.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently on a variety of assigned tasks.
- Participate in the on-call duty program on a rotational basis.
- Inspect, operate, test, and maintain a variety of wastewater pumping equipment, wastewater treatment plant, including pumps, air compressors, pipe systems, water storage tanks, chemicals and equipment associated with wastewater pressure vessels.
- Collect wastewater samples, as required.
- Read and interpret drawings; diagrams and blueprints; record and log a variety of readings.
- Use a variety of power and hand tools, performs a variety of related carpentry, pipefitting, valve repair, and cement work.
- May cross-train with other departments/sections.
- Utilize computer software programs
- A citizen of the United States.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- A valid Arkansas driver’s license with a clean driving record for the past three years.
- Possess a Class 1 Wastewater Operator License or be able to obtain the license within one (1) year of employment. (May obtain additional Wastewater Operator Licenses with City’s approval.)
- Knowledge with Excel, Word, and other computer programs preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities Needed:
- Skilled in multi-tasking.
- Ability to obtain knowledge of wastewater distribution procedures, equipment, material, and tools used in the operation and maintenance of motors, pumps, compressors, and other equipment.
- Ability to speak effectively with citizens, business professionals, or employees of the City.
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy, and courtesy in dealing with the public and fellow employees.
- Ability to keep track of details.
- Ability to work in harsh outdoor conditions to include but not limited to; extreme temperatures, harsh sunlight, extreme wet or dry conditions, etc.
- Physically able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, as needed
- Physically able to use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Physically able to lit and carry moderately heavy objects up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, occasionally in precarious places and be exposed to potential electrical shock.
- Physically able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to include footwear, helmet, and other.
- Physically able to work long hours to include overtime, as assigned.
- Ability to work irregular hours to include weekends, holidays, evenings and/or varying shifts.
Click the application below to apply.