An Ordinance is a local law that usually regulates persons or property and usually relates to a matter of a general or permanent nature. An ordinance is more formal and authoritative than a resolution.
There are seven rules to remember about passing an ordinance.
1. Ordinances must be reasonable.
2. They must not be oppressive.
3. They must not be discriminating or partial.
4. They must not unduly restrain lawful trade.
5. They must not violate civil rights.
6. They must not be ambiguous.
7. An ordinance must contain only one general subject, clearly stated in its title. A.C.A. § 14-55-201.
- 2019 Ordinances
- O-2019-01 Amend O-2008-01 Flood Plain Ordianance
- O-2019-02 Wrecker Rotation Policy and for other purposes
- O-2019-03 Adopting a Personnel Handbook
- O-2019-05 Sidewalk Ordianance
- O-2019-06 Cross-Connection Control Program
- O-2019-07 Amend O-2012-10 Drug Free Workplace
- O-2019-08 Replacing O-00497 Business License Fee
- O-2019-09 Amending O-2019-04 Water Rates
- O-2019-10 Annexation of Oakland Grove
- O-2019-11 Fireworks
- O-2019-12 Amending O-1595 & O-2013-05 Zoning Regulations
- O-2019-13 Zoning regulations from R-1 to PUD
- 2020 Ordinances
- O-2020-01 City Council Rules and Procedures
- O-2020-02 Authorizing and Approving agreement between Ward and MAWA
- O-2020-03 Amending Ordinance 2005-03
- O-2020-05 Amending O-2020-01 City Council Rules and Procedures
- O-2020-06 Rules and Procedures to be used by Council
- O-2020-08 Catastrophic Sick Leave Program
- O-2020-09 Animal Control
- O-2020-10 Issuance of Building Permits
- O-2020-11 Control of Open Burning
- O-2020-13 Construction site Storm Water Runoff
- 2021 Ordianances
- O-2021-01 Rules or order and Procedures of Ward City Council
- O-2021-02 Mayor Duties and Salary
- O-2021-03 Amending Ordianance W-1-93 Planning Commission
- O-2021-04 Establishment of Police Department
- O-2021-05 Longevity Pay
- O-2021-06 Catastrophic sick leave and Juneteenth
- O-2021-07 City Candidates
- O-2021-08 Amending Ward personnel manual - Cyber Technology
- O-2021-10 Establishment of Ward Volunteer Fire Department
- O-2021-11 Police Department Policies & Procedures
- O-2021-12 Repealing O-694 to provide for the identification, removal and abandoned or inoperable boats, motor vehicles, and or trailers
- O-2021-13 2021 Redistricting
- O-2021-14 Adoption of AR Fire Code
- O-2021-17 Adopting a Master Street Plan
- 2022 Ordianances
- O-2022-02 Establishing a procedure for purchasing, sale and exchange of property
- O-2022-03 Amending Ordinance 1973 Franchise Tax
- O-2022-04 Electrical Franchise Fee
- O-2022-05 Rezone R-2 to R-1
- O-2022-06 Door-to-Door Sales or Solicitations
- O-2022-07 Re Zone C-1 to R-1 next to Deerfield Estates
- O-2022-10 Annexation of Certain Lands
- O-2022-11 Amending the City of Ward Zoning Regulations
- 2023 Ordinances
- O-2023-01 Rules and Procedures Used by City Council
- O-2023-02 Amending O-2014-07 Water Bill Due Dates
- O-2023-03 Fiber Optics Franchise Fee
- O-2023-05 Authority to sign LRAFB Intergovernmental Agreement
- O-2023-07 Change to Personnel Manual - WIFI and Remote
- O-2023-08 Amending Police Department Policies and Procedures Manual
- O-2023-11 Legacy Farm Annexation
- O-2023-12 Tax Lien 24 Weatherwood
- 2019 Ordinances